Medical Student Poster Showcase Info
SC Psychiatric Association Medical Student Poster Showcase
Friday, January 28 at 5:30 pm
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2022
The South Carolina Psychiatric Association welcomes medical students to present their research during the SCPA Annual Meeting. This year’s annual meeting is a virtual format via the WHOVA platform, and students will be scheduled to share their research on Friday, January 28 from 5:30-6:15 pm.
Instructions & Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- This competition is open to all medical students.
- The abstract submission deadline for the poster showcase is Monday, January 3, 2022.
- The abstract should include complete details of the student’s work (e.g., abstract title, name, affiliation, abstract and biography etc).
- Submit abstracts online.
- Students will be notified by 1/17 when the exact time of their virtual presentation will occur.
- Virtual Presentation:
- Virtual slideshow presentation (~5-7 minutes in length).
- Please arrange your poster information into a short slide set to present.
- The title, contents and the author’s information should be clearly visible on the introduction slide.
- Organize the presentation into subdivisions, e.g., Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, and Literature Cited (avoid using too many citations).
- Present numerical data in the form of graphs and tables.
- Visuals should be simple and bold. Avoid distracting content.
- Avoid acronyms and extensive mathematical notations as much as possible.
- Besides your project, the text could also include future research plans or questions.
- Poster: Please have a PDF copy of the poster (not the slides) available if needed.
Student Poster Showcase Application