Resident Poster Competition Info
SC Psychiatric Association Annual Resident Poster Competition (Virtual)
Prizes: First Place: $500
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $200
Friday, January 28 at 5:30 pm
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2022
The South Carolina Psychiatric Association welcomes residents to compete in SCPA’s annual poster competition. Residents are encouraged to present their original research during the SCPA Annual Meeting. This year’s annual meeting is a virtual format via the WHOVA platform, and residents will be scheduled to share their research on Friday, January 28 from 5:30-6:15 pm.
Instructions & Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- This competition is open to all residents.
- The abstract submission deadline for poster competition is Monday, January 3, 2022.
- The abstract should include complete details of the contestant (e.g., abstract title, name, affiliation, abstract and biography etc).
- Submit abstracts online.
- Residents will be notified by 1/17 when the exact time of their virtual presentation will occur.
- Virtual Presentation:
- Virtual slideshow presentation (~5-7 minutes in length).
- Please arrange your poster information into a short slide set to present.
- The title, contents and the author’s information should be clearly visible on the introduction slide.
- Organize the presentation into subdivisions, e.g., Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, and Literature Cited (avoid using too many citations).
- Present numerical data in the form of graphs and tables.
- Visuals should be simple and bold. Avoid distracting content.
- Avoid acronyms and extensive mathematical notations as much as possible.
- Besides your project, the text could also include future research plans or questions.
- Submitting Poster: Please have a PDF copy of the poster (not the slides) submitted before your presentation so that it is available for review by the judges.
- A committee of at least three judges will view the live presentations and PDF copy of the poster.
- Judging will be on the following:
- Content (clarity of content, quality of content, originality, significance)
- Organization (layout, design, clearly identified topic and purpose, informative and clear summary)
- Delivery (professional and confident, engaged with the audience, responses to questions)
- The results will be announced Sunday, January 30 during the SCPA Business Meeting.
Resident Poster Competition Application